PLEASE READ THE JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND FILL IN OUR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM TO BE CONSIDERED.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE :
1) Full Time Primary Sports Coach
2) Part Time Primary Sports Coach
1) FULL TIME SPORTS COACH : YORK / HARROGATE
You will be required to teach all areas of Primary PE which may include Gymnastics and Dance and coach in the school holidays. You will have guidance and be mentored even if you are experienced. It would be an advantage if you have experience of working with Primary School aged children in any setting. We are very reliable and would only ask you to apply if you are prepared to be completely professional and, ‘go the extra mile’.
We have vacancies in York, Harrogate and surrounding areas. Transport is required.
What do you get in return ?
A salary varying from £11,000 – £20,000 dependent upon experience and position.
The opportunity to grow and develop in an exciting and growing company.
Paid experience relevant to a PGCE application – (100% of staff who have gone on to apply for a PGCE or equivalent have succeeded after working for Total Sports)
Promotional opportunities available.
To work with the regions market leaders who are great at their job
This is our 10th year.
What Qualifications do I need ?
A mixture of some of these will be considered.
Several Level 1 and 2 NGB awards, HND in a sports realted subject, a related sports degree, teaching.
Hours : Hours vary and will include some evening and weekend work. 80% of the work will be between Monday and Friday standard days (Hours between 08:00 – 17:30)
2) PART TIME SPORTS COACH : YORK / HARROGATE
Is the same as Full Time but with varying hours.
Hours : 25 hours per week during term time and 40 hours per week during the school holidays. Does include some set evenings (up to 8pm) and some Weekends (Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings). The hours can be discussed and there is flexibility.
Who are Total Sports Limited?
Total Sports have been Primary Specialists since 2006, teaching over 15,000 children every week across York and the Harrogate District, plus we’re growing. We are passionate about children and teaching. We aim to inspire children through our teaching and our staff – which could be you! We deliver all areas of the Primary PE Curriculum, as part of our Primary Schools Service. All of our lessons are planned.
We also run popular, creative, fun and active Holiday Clubs during all of the school holidays at various venues across York and Harrogate.
We are excellent at what we do and have developed a strong reputation for delivering a reliable and professional service to local schools and communities across the region.
What do you do as a Primary Specialist?
- You would put children right at the heart of your day.
- Teach primary aged children relevant curriculum.
- Plan, prepare and deliver a range of sport and inspiring activities to primary aged children.
- Demonstrate leadership and organisational skills.
- Have great behaviour management skills.
- Be inclusive of all abilities.
- Develop and inspire the children to reach their own personal potential.
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
What Qualifications do you need?
A Primary Specialist would need a related BTEC, HND or HNC in the relevant subject. A Degree, or higher level qualification, and Level 1 and/or 2 NGB Awards are desirable.
What Experience do you need?
You would need to have experience working with primary aged children. Examples could be within a school, or in a coaching/tutoring capacity. You will need access to your own transport and a full UK driving license.
What do you get in return
- Full time salaries from £13,000 – £17,000, dependant on what you can bring to the role.
- Part time positions from £7-£11 per hour.
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience.
- The chance to develop as a person and a coach in one of the region’s leading sports coaching companies.
- Excellent experience should you ever want to apply for PGCE.
- Brilliant support that will develop your skills – from outstanding practitioners with years of experience.
- Full time roles in a notoriously difficult industry!
- The opportunity to work full time during school holidays at our ever popular Holiday Clubs.
Please download our Application Form and email it to us ASAP >> firstname.lastname@example.org
Total Sports Limited APPLICATION FORM >> CLICK HERE
Want more information, email us at: email@example.com, or call us on 03444 14 13 13 to chat to one of our friendly team.
WORK BASED LEARNING
If you’re interested in completing a ‘Work Based Learning’ placement with Total Sports, download our Placements Application form below and email it back to us: